Top 10 happiest countries in the world

by Roman on November 29, 2010

Top 10 happiest countries in the world

Here is a list of TOP 10 happiest countries in the world. The basis of this list is research done by professor Ruut Veenhoven who runs the World Database of Happiness at Erasmus University Rotterdam.

How is happiness measured?

Happiness can be very subjective. Some people are happy when it rains, others are happy when the sun is shining. So how is it measured? Apparently the people at World Database of Happiness take into account a number of different things such as average life expectancy and most importantly the answer to the following multiple choice question “How happy are you?” (Although the actual question has varied a bit throughout the years). Having all the variables they run it through a computer and get a number from 1 to 10. The bigger the number, the happier the country

Happiest countries in the world

10. Luxembourg – 7.6 points

Living in the worlds richest country inevitably puts a smile on your face! This small landlocked European country has an army of 800 people (yes, 800). They don’t have a navy nor an air force but together with Belgium they can afford to own 1 military cargo plane. Beat that US! :twisted:

According to the Guinness Book of World Records Luxembourg holds the world record as the country that consumes most alcohol in the world per citizen.

9. Guatemala – 7,6 points

This Central American country borders with Mexico in the north and is located between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. This location makes it a very difficult country to stay happy in – Guatemala is frequently ravished by hurricanes and earthquakes that often kill thousands of people. Main exports of Guatemala include coffee, sugar and bananas. The latter is probably why they are so happy – have you ever seen someone that can stay sad while eating a banana? :lol: 56% of all Guatemalans live in poverty. If you ask me, they can use the cheap bananas!

8. Canada – 7,6 points

Many people have no idea that Canada’s head of state is actually Queen Elizabeth II – the head of the British Monarchy. This meant that when Britain declared war on Germany in World War I, Canada was automatically at war with the soon to be Nazi country. Unlike the neighboring US, Canada has never cancelled its relations with Cuba and has declined to take part from the Iraq War – instead, it has played a leading role in the United Nations peacekeeping missions and helped to launch a $1.5 billion initiative to help develop vaccines that could save millions of people in poor countries. It seems that happy people make a happy country!

7. Sweden – 7,7 points

This “welfare state” model is an excellent example of effective national taxes.  Among other things the state provides universal tax-funded childcare, parental leave, health care, education (including university), retirement pensions and sick leave. Including value added tax (VAT – kind of like sales tax), it is possible to pay up to 80% of your income as taxes. Contrary to popular belief, Swedes are quite OK with their high taxes – after all it gives them tons of high quality services and they almost never need to take drastic action like taking quick payday
loans
just to make ends meet. In fact, most of the services for the public are free, so what’s not to be happy about?

Sweden is also the home of IKEA – the worlds largest furniture store. IKEA’s founder Ingvar Kampard is famous for being the 7th richest person in the world (Net worth $31 billion) and driving a 15 year old Volvo station wagon. It has been claimed that more people read the Ikea catalogue than the Bible – and that one in ten Europeans have been conceived on an Ikea bed.

6. Australia – 7,7 points

The name “Australia” comes from the Latin word “Australis”, meaning “Southern”. Australia is the only country in the world, that consists of an entire continent. Between 1788 and 1868 the British used Australia as a colony to deport their convicted criminals – these people are the predecessors to many of today’s citizens. Australians are famous for playing rugby and calling each-other “mates”.

5. Finland – 7,7 points

This is the country that brought us Nokia – the worlds largest manufacturer of mobile phones. In 2003 Nokia accounted for about a quarter of Finland’s exports and in 2006 it generated more revenue than the entire budget of Finland.  Before starting to make mobile phones Nokia made (yes, it’s true) rubber boots!  Finland was also home to Simo Häyhä – considered to be the most deadly sniper through history with 542 kills. According to World Economic Forum Finland has the most competitive economy in the world. Plenty to be happy about!

4. Iceland – 7,8 points

This geologically active country is rich in volcanoes and geysers (A geyser is a hot spring that erupts water in certain intervals). Thanks to geothermal power Iceland gets its electricity and hot water dirt cheap. There have been occasions where steel has been shipped for processing from Australia or Africa and when finished shipped back to the originating country. Cheap local energy actually makes this cost effective. According to the Human Development Index, Iceland (together with Norway) is the world’s most developed country.

3. Austria – 8,0 points

Austria is the home to the popular energy drink Red Bull. This country is also one of the few in the world, that allows legal voting beginning from age 16. Upon turning 18, all Austrian males have to take part of a 6 month military service. The country has declared itself formally a neutral country or a  “perpetual neutrality” as they say it, but in reality it has taken part of various peacekeeping missions and also took part of the UN sanctions against Iraq. Thanks to the wide use of wind-, solar- and hydropower Austria produces around 80% of its energy from renewable resources. Education is mostly free, with the exception of an average semester fee of 583 dollars (370 eur) in universities. As you probably guessed – student loan debts are not an issue in Austria.

2. Switzerland – 8,1 points

This cheese and chocolate producing land is the world’s 10th richest country. Switzerland’s neutrality helped their banks to raise some serious cash – for decades it was possible to open a bank account without having to identify yourself. Upon opening an account, you were given a special number that anyone could use to deposit or withdraw money. This law was later changed since it attracted illegal money. Switzerland is also one of the top garbage recyclers in the world (66% to 96% recyclable materials recycled). They achieve this by keeping recycling free, but asking money for regular garbage – thus giving people a financial incentive to recycle.

1. Denmark – 8,2 points

Just like Sweden, Denmark is a Nordic welfare state with most of its services free to the citizens. Expect to pay 72% of your money to the government on the highest income tax bracket. According to Wikipedia Denmark has the worlds highest taxes! When buying a car in Denmark one has to pay 25% VAT to the import price of the vehicle and then a 180% registration tax on top. That means when a car sells for $20 000, you have to pay an additional $45 000 as taxes for the government (total of $65 000). That’s why people in Denmark ride bikes or use one of the best public transport systems in the world. Denmark also has 2 autonomous provinces – the Faroe Islands and Greenland. The latter is over 50 times larger than Denmark but has about 100 times less people.

Other notable countries

• USA – 7.4 points – 17th place
  • Great Britain – 7.1 points – 22nd place
  • France – 6.5 points – 39th place
  • China – 6.3 points – 44th place
  • India – 6.3 points – 45th place
  • Japan – 6.3 points – 46th place

I’ve been to 4 out of 10 happiest countries in the world – Luxembourg, Sweden, Finland and Denmark! What’s your score?

Sign up to my full feed RSS or subscribe via email to get more similar daily posts!

If you liked this post be sure to check out

Top 10 Richest Countries of the World

Top 10 Poorest Countries in the World

The Only Investment that Doesn’t Go Down In Value

What makes us successful?

Illustrated Guide to Reading People’s Faces

Enter your email to subscribe to our future posts:

How to subscribe and why subscribe?

{ 33 trackbacks }

Happiness Divided « ArpitGarg’s Weblog
August 1, 2008 at 2:48 am
India, the land of rising divorces : It’s Indiatime
September 21, 2008 at 1:02 am
Why mixing religion and politics is bad - Page 6 - Volconvo Debate Forums
October 22, 2008 at 4:14 pm
Denmark and Sweden are some of the happiest countries in the world, but they also have the highest tax rates - Politics and Other Controversies - City-Data Forum
September 19, 2009 at 3:36 pm
Happiest, healthiest, wealthiest and wisest | Becoming Aussie
October 5, 2009 at 8:51 pm
Denmark and Sweden are some of the happiest countries in the world, but they also have the highest tax rates - Politics and Other Controversies - Page 7 - City-Data Forum
October 24, 2009 at 7:09 am
Denmark and Sweden are some of the happiest countries in the world, but they also have the highest tax rates - Politics and Other Controversies - Page 8 - City-Data Forum
October 24, 2009 at 7:22 am
Robert Leslie (geoholiday2009) 's status on Thursday, 12-Nov-09 03:19:28 UTC - Identi.ca
November 11, 2009 at 10:19 pm
Till Divorce do us part « Thoughts & Cobwebs of a Vagabond
December 28, 2009 at 10:16 am
Scott Brown: Likely to win massachusetts - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
January 22, 2010 at 7:51 am
Test: Is your life happy or interesting? | Penelope Trunk's Brazen Careerist
February 16, 2010 at 12:34 pm
Jobs » Blog Archive » Test: Is your life happy or interesting?
March 2, 2010 at 7:04 pm
Top 10 Freest Economies in the World 2010
April 11, 2010 at 11:33 pm
Dofollow backlinks
May 23, 2010 at 11:15 am
I thought our taxes were not going up?!?!?!?
July 4, 2010 at 11:18 pm
Which tax system is most 'fair'
July 10, 2010 at 7:21 pm
Western Liberalism & the Hofestede Index « Thoughts of an Errant Mind
August 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm
Happiest Countries on Earth? | Your Daily Feed
August 22, 2010 at 7:47 pm
Vote Now On Ending Bush Tax Cuts For The Rich - Page 11
October 18, 2010 at 10:20 am
Laimės paieškos: piniguose, šaldytuve, savyje — Euroblogas.lt
December 7, 2010 at 8:02 am
What do you think?? - Other Topics - City-Data Forum
December 27, 2010 at 11:48 am
Eight of the Happiest Countries I’ve Visted « Travels of a British Born Angry Desi
February 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm
Anonymous
March 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm
il database MONDIALE della felicità « una mela al giorno …..
April 18, 2011 at 12:14 am
top 10 rich courtery | richmagzine.com
May 30, 2011 at 4:07 am
Truth Wins Out - The Nation American Conservatives Want To Build
June 6, 2011 at 7:01 am
How Will The World End ???
June 27, 2011 at 12:57 pm
10 thoughts about Stockholm | Rishi Sankar: Ah Trini Travelogue / Ah Trini Traveller
August 21, 2011 at 10:18 am
Finland Country people – Finland Country | Finland Travel » Blog Archive
January 5, 2012 at 10:33 pm
Happiness? Bah humbug!!! | You Offend Me You Offend My Family
January 15, 2012 at 6:06 pm
The Law of Jante – How to Stop Bullying in Schools. « mcclelloscope
March 15, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Quora
March 20, 2012 at 9:11 pm
Eight of the Happiest Countries I’ve Visited
June 17, 2012 at 6:48 pm

{ 522 comments }

naazi7 November 16, 2009 at 11:42 pm

i think Tibbet (if consider it as a country – china dont mind) is happiest country in the world. i have seen lots of tibbeten citizen in India, and i never seen so satisfying people from around the world other than Tibbetens. my next choice will be Philippines coz they gives lots of happiness to others, specially cute and adorable girls from there.

Jonathan Raneses November 23, 2009 at 10:59 pm

OMG….
why isnt philippines on that list!!???
im born here in canada and i just went 2 visit the philippines and i havent been there in 8 years and i would like to say philippines is a wonderful place with nice and social people and i would like 2 go 2 school there. Philippines may be a small country but 1 of the best and it is now becoming more multicultural, as i went there….there were diff. cultures everywhere!!!! and as u look all around the world there is at least 1 million filipinos working there, becuz they r good workers and very happy 2 do it. SO PHILIPPINES IS 1 OF THE HAPPIEST COUNTRY EVER!!!! :)

Roman November 24, 2009 at 3:15 am

I am actually planning to go live in Philippines with my girlfriend for a year or so…
Maybe I’ll finally find out what’s this happy thing about in the Phillipines!

Xanvier Watson March 7, 2010 at 7:04 pm

really? thats really cool, one of my friends really fall in love with the people, so warm and sincere! – down to earth! – very sociable people too.

Jonathan Raneses November 26, 2009 at 6:10 pm

Philippines should be happiest country in the world :)

I'm happy December 11, 2009 at 10:07 am

Guys… I think we need not argue about the happiest country or people… If we think we are happy then we are… No one can really say if you’re happy or not, only you… so why argue?… makes sense?…

usman haider December 15, 2009 at 6:46 am

if u want to see yourslf happy then you have to workhard in your life.

Siddharth Sukhwal December 19, 2009 at 10:51 pm

Hello all!! America is the happiest country I would say!! What a life we have here. Life is full of freedom, fun, cool life style, lot of chicks. But ofcourse if you are a homesick person who doesnt have any friends than it sucks for you. You better get some friends and hang out. America rocks!!!

Resident of the U.S December 19, 2009 at 11:08 pm

You are a LIAR! You just said in an earlier post that INDIA is the happiest country in the world, and now you say America is, why are you lying?

And it seems that you have never lived or visited America and stuck in your pathetically poor country india, full of war, filth, child prostitution, crime, and poverty. Why do you make double statements?

If you know nothing about America and haven’t lived here then don’t comment on it. You obviously is ignorant of the American lifestyle otherwise you wouldn’t mention “fun, and cool” because that’s the last thing anyone would say about America, even the people who like it.

Siddharth Sukhwal December 20, 2009 at 12:44 am

To whoever replied to my comment!! I think you are not happy with your life. It looks like nobody loves you and your parents disowned you and you are so frustrated.
And I was born in India and I have been living in Sayville(Suffolk County) NY(USA) for 3 years. Its awesome and you hate america thats why u made that filthy comment!! You know what go to afghanistan and join their nasty jihad against america!! thats where you are going to be happy u filthy scum!! India is the happiest country since its a superpower, less poverty, no was except with porkistan, smart and intelligent people, good climate, awesome people. USA rocks because hot girls, nice climate, no war, less crime, freedom of speech life liberty property, awesome people, cool lifestyle, and all the good stuff!!! You need to stop jerking off and get some life!!

Resident of the U.S December 20, 2009 at 1:14 am

I replied to your comment. And NO you are WRONG. I’m happy with my life, and I’m happy to be who I’Am, but I’m not happy to be living in this country, and I’m not happy with LIARS like yourself who are in India and making lies on the internet. You’re probably somewhere in a poor village in India inside of a filthy cafe making these comments, I don’t even think you have enough money to own a computer or even buy food. Your lies are obvious, your first comment was India was the happiest country in the world and now you changed your mind. I wouldn’t be talking about someone else not being loved if I were YOU, you are an Indian and the majority of the world mocks and degrades you because of your low morals and standards. I don’t hate America, I hate the way of life here, and guess what, I didn’t come here by my own will, my parents came here as Political Assylums in honor, unlike you, you came here because of your poverty and greed; and to take advantage of the opportunities that aren’t made possible to you in India, because India is not developed enough, it’s backwards. Plus you guys keep reproducing like animals and have no where to put the babies, maybe throwing them in the streets is a good idea or giving them up to child prostitution?

No I’m not going to go to Afghanistan to join no Jihad, I don’t even believe in wars, they’re useless.. You’re being racial and cursing at other religions and you don’t even know who I’am or what religion I belong to! I never said India is not happy, but you are a LIAR, you commented twice and said India is the happiest then changed your mind and said the U.S.

You just said that USA rocks because of hot girls, tell me, what girl will go out with an Indian? Sorry but I won’t go any more in detail on that because I’m afraid you’ll go jump off a bridge. You’re LYING, the US has one of the worst climates in the world, raging many wars against defenseless nations, the poorest country (11 trillion in debt), that’s another reason I believe you’re writing this from india.

Btw, your message is really nasty and need to watch your mouth, is that how all indians are? because you obviously have no morals or a clean way of expression without cursing.

Siddharth Sukhwal December 20, 2009 at 1:43 am

Omg u noob!!! U go lot of issues!! you said bad stuff about India and you know that!! and I live in USA!! If u want my full adress than here it is— 213-7d lakeland avenue, Sayville , NY 11782 (USA). I go to Sayville High School. My facebook name is Siddharth Sukhwal which is my real name. I am going to Carnegie Mellon University next year. I have already given you lot of proof and I dont think I need to tell you all this but the truth is you cant accept the fact i am living happily in US. Here is another update. Its snowing heavily in Long Island, New York. I dont know where you live in US, but its people like you who should be kicked out of USA. Go burn in hell and get your 72 male virgins you hater. If you still dont believe me about i live in USA. then go to google and type my name, you will find links about me and where i live. You might find the website of Sayville Robotis(team mechanical animals). It is the FIRST Robotics competition if you know about it. So if you still dont believe than you are just another ignorant and you racist to Indians. Lot of white girls in USA likes Indian guys. You dont know anything about modern India, so get some education and you probably went to some madarsa in Libya, thats why you are uneducated.

Resident of the U.S December 20, 2009 at 1:56 am

You’re wrong. I don’t hate India, I just got mad how you were commenting in a double standard. I do NOT hate Indians, but I get mad when they say weird stuff. A few Indians I met were very nice, some not so nice, but that’s how the rest of the world is. You should have not given me your address, that’s not very smart to be putting your address all over the net, take it off. You don’t have a right to be judging who should stay and leave from this country, it isn’t yours, but living here isn’t something anyone can envy about. Why are you still writing suggestions of hate? You don’t even know my identity, and you’re assuming I’m a crazy person who wants to kill everyone. And dude, YES they like indian guys, but as friends.

And no I’m not a racist, but I gotta let you know that you’re the wrong person to argue with, you’re being racial and calling me racist. Just to let you know I said some of that stuff to get back at you, but I don’t hate Indians. Plus, You have to respect other religions.

Siddharth Sukhwal December 20, 2009 at 2:04 am

Man!! I still dont know if u believed that I live in USA but at the first place you were the one who told me that I am talking from a cafe in Indian village. And you said that Indian guys dont get girls. Indian guys get girls not just as friends but a lot more than that. Also, I dont hate any religion but I hate the extrimism of them. Thats why i made fun of 72 virrgins and jihaad. I hate the caste system too so I am not racist at all. But I hate those people who live in a country but at the same time hate it. You have no right to hate the country you live in. If u hate it then y dont u leave it. Simple as that!

Good night for now!

Resident of the U.S December 20, 2009 at 4:10 pm

dude why are you trying so hard to prove to me you live here? It’s not a big deal, ask any european, aisan or african who visited here and they will tell you that America is the most boring country they’ve been to. The only reason why Americans like it is because they’ve never been anywhere else in the world. And don’t forget , the U.S has the highest rate of depression, stress, mental disorders, suicides, rapes, murders, robberies, theft, etc… . Do you know what a capitalistic society is? Everything is about money, greed, banks, corporations, taxes, loans, debt, work, over-used law system, courts, jurisdiction etc… We have more bases around the world then the whole world COMBINED! And we pay more money to keep those bases going than the whole world pays on bases! When you have a capitalistic society as such, humans lose their sense of well-being and focus on the secondary things in life, like money, and material, they forget about humanity. If it wasn’t for the capitalistic idea of more oil and greed, we would have never occupied Iraq, Afghanistan, Etc…. And I already explained to you that I was brought here by my parents and it wasn’t my will to come here. My parents moved here because we were political Asylums, we had everything back home, and we lost everything here. Things back home are finally getting better now and we’re moving back this summer, if my parents don’t move and live back in Libya I will move there alone. And I already explained to you that I don’t hate this country, I hate the lifestyle and the attitudes here.

Thanks.

carlos June 24, 2010 at 7:52 pm

Bullshit… The us does not have the highest suicide, depression and crime rates… Denmark, who was rated the ‘happiest country in the world’, has much higher suicide rates and depression rates than the US… Get informed before making such ridiculous statements. I can’t believe how so many people are so ignorant as to buy into this crap…

Jerald December 21, 2009 at 7:04 am

The Filipinos Has A Great sense of humor .. Try to look some filipinos, they keep smiling even if they have a problem.. Because they need to laugh to make life happy.. And the attitude we possesed was the influenced of the Americans.. we are the only Roman-Catholic Dominated, Perfect English speaking country in SE Asia .. That is the thing why Filipinos are Proud of themselves..

smiley December 26, 2009 at 7:06 am

Hospitality, a trait displayed by every Filipino, makes these people legendary in Southeast Asia. Seldom can you find such hospitable people who enjoy the company of their Western visitors. Perhaps due to their long association with Spain, Filipinos are emotional and passionate about life.

in this other survey Philippines is on rank 5!

amit December 28, 2009 at 12:00 pm

new zealand is one of the happiest, peaceful, safest country in the world.

paki4life January 2, 2010 at 6:59 pm

I love Pakistan and im from Pakistan!!! The list of the countries i been 2!And i do not not like India.
1. u.s.a
2. England
3. China
4. Japan
5. North Ireland
6. Thailand
7. Switzerland
8. Netherlands
9. Canada
10. Austria

samr April 9, 2010 at 4:48 am

I LOVE PAKISTAN!

paki4life January 3, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I LoVe PaKiStAn Is ThE BeSt!!!

inaluv January 7, 2010 at 4:53 am

how bout indonesia? indonesia has many holiday place like bali, lombok, and other place that make u happy^_^

inaluv January 7, 2010 at 5:07 am

indonesia is in 12th rank of happiest country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Planet_Index

inaluv January 7, 2010 at 5:10 am

no i mean 16 rank. LOL

Xcrayz January 14, 2010 at 9:12 am

Yes, something wrong with the list of the happiest countries, it should added the philippines as the 1st on the list of the happiest countries in the whole world.

You should visit philippines to know that im correct.

teddy bear January 15, 2010 at 11:25 am

even though this list may vary, I have noticed whether it’s countries I have visited, or this upside-down zoo I live in, the places that seem the happiest are the ones with a low number of africans! no feelings were meant to be hurt, and I am NOT politically correct, just call ‘em like I see ‘em!

Peter B. January 25, 2010 at 6:19 am

Hey everyone!!

I would just like to point out that Slovenia is one of the happiest countries..
Our incomes are a little lower than the rest of Europe, but we have free education, incl Universities, free healthcare, guaranteed pension after we retire etc.

We enjoy our small country..from Alps to the Sea, from plains to the Vinyards..

And I’m basing this to the US. I was in Ca for 2 years and yes, people are selfishly taking care of 1 dollar. After a round of Golf they’d go home and shower and pass on the round of beer like we do it here.

You can keep all the money in the world in your pocket and you’ll die miserably.

Lesson to the Americans: don’t be cheap when there is an opportunity to be happy…Happiness is not money on your ATM, it’s how you use it!!!

Greets from Slovenia (bordering with Austria, Hungary, Italy and Croatia) in Central Europe

Peter

karimy February 14, 2010 at 3:52 pm

are you kiding me. finland is # 5 that’s incredibily surreal finnish people are the most gloomy and miserable people on the planet earth and you realise that if u had ever being 1 day in finland.they are the ahve the third place when it comes suicide all of the world ,so how it’s possible that they become the 5 ?? and furthermore the climate is no tough and harsh that’s why they kill every their selves everyday,and in addition they r the most shy people i ever saw,they dont even talk each other let alone foreign and strangers,,,,,,,,,,,,and whoever post this information i began to doubt when i saw finland…..

carlos June 24, 2010 at 8:03 pm

that’s EXACTLY what I’m trying to say… Denmark was rated number one… when Danes should really hold the record for being the most rude, arrogant and unfriendly people in the world… when was the last time you saw a Dane being kind or smiling to a stranger, let alone a foreigner? But most people here are so stupid as to believe all this crap and keep bashing the US… I’d prefer one million times to live in the US than in that shithole called Denmark…

kristin February 16, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Is it just me or are all the happiest countries the ones with the least pollution…
This is pretty depressing too :P

Xanvier Watson March 7, 2010 at 6:59 pm

i dont know how they done their research and what grounds or criteria to be called happiest people or country were so many depressed people all over in north america and europe. – trust me, paxil and prozac will feel bad hearing about this! maybe being the happiest after taking these drugs? lol

aussiegirl23 March 8, 2010 at 1:21 am

I reckon Philippines!

Sherwin March 27, 2010 at 1:14 am

Like most people here, I do believe that the Philippines ranks way up there in the happiness index. I have been working here in Dubai for the past year and a lot of my foreigner friends will tell me that the Filipinos are one happy group of people, that Filipinos laugh and joke around a lot. One of my Korean friends who attended a Filipino party told me that he didnt knew Filipinos know how to party! There was singing, drinking, goofing around the whole night and now he’s bugging me every now and then to bring him to one of these parties. This is the case back home as well. In many poor street corners you will see holding their guitars and singing or drinking the night out. There is this feeling that the next day will always be better that yesterday and this is why Filipinos are generally happy. They are optimistic, and believes that living one day at a time is the way to do it :P

land surveying April 5, 2010 at 1:14 am

So far I’ve been to Denmark, Switzerland, and Norway and lived in Sweden for the most part of my life. All of these countries are happy! I’m surprised there are no countries in South America on the list.

carlos June 24, 2010 at 8:04 pm

you must be kidding me if you think Danes are happy…

samr April 9, 2010 at 4:31 am

INDIA IS THE POOREST COUNTRY,I AM SURPRISED TO FIND IT IN THE LIST!

the truth himself February 8, 2011 at 3:55 am

India was the best country in the past. that is a fact. India has given so much to the world in every field be it science,mathematics,arts,culture,yoga,ayurveda and the list goes on. i admit that india has not done much in the case of absolutely USELESS innovations,on which the west claims they are the best. for eg, they made engine, due to which the human race in in grave danger due to the increasing pollution. they made industries which pollute our planet.they made tv due to which people are getting obese and getting diseases and getting more and more monotonous, because in their every movie, the characters behave in same manner. they do not know to behave other way, they do not know that there are infinite possibilities in the universe.
they made video games due to which our children are getting retarded(i think most of the youths in US have personality disorder).

due to their disgusting ‘innovations’ , we are getting more and more separated from the nature and wasting our life.we are getting away from the reality.
for me India was,is and will be best. but if you compare a country like Pakistan with US,UK, Europe i think Pakistan is better. at least there people are not fake,robotic,overacting,and boasting about their pathetic ‘innovations’. they are only misguided by their obsolete religion. at least they are living simple lifestyle and not wasting the resources of OUR planet.
even Iraq is better.

look at these pathetic robots, the medical system which they have invented can not even cure a common cold.and they still waste billions in making colleges where the students will study ‘medicine’ and then they will loot money from the patients for giving them useless medicine which can only extend their life a little bit. rather than curing it only makes life worse due to the side effects of their medicine.

see their ‘innovations; it shows their knowledge, it shows their culture, it shows their understanding of life itself.

the truth February 8, 2011 at 3:57 am

even Iraq is better.

see their ‘innovations; it shows their knowledge, it shows their culture, it shows their understanding of life.

ceejay April 13, 2010 at 3:39 am

Philippines must be considered as one of the most happiest countries. People there always smile despite grievances. Hospitality and simplicity is very evident here. Even education in the Philippines includes the students to learn, practice and APPLY the values being taught. Despite economic problems, Filipinos have this initiative of citing a source of living to survive and enjoy LIFE that God has given to us. There are totally no any form of discrimination in this country in terms of religion, race and life status. Nevertheless, Philippines may be the happiest country or one as such.

Steve April 20, 2010 at 6:06 am

A system that takes, through force of law, 72% of the hard earned income of it’s citizens is economic despotism. You can hardly make the claim that the services the government provides to it’s citizens is “free” by any stretch of the imagination. A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul…Like many areas in life, 20 percent of the people do 80 percent of the work. We have all seen this in places we work, in sports and social situations. It’s the 80/20 rule. What we have in these European socialist nations is unsustainable because it is counter to every fiber of our being as a individual human. Is a “cradle to grave” nanny-state the natural state of being? Of course not. The only reason humans band together (into cities, nation-states, countries) is to protect themselves and share skills and resources. In our natural state, humans are evolved to solve problems, feed and defend themselves and acquire territory. American “rugged individualism” is the ultimate political expression of this basic fact. A Democratic Republic is an idea that cherishes the notion of the individual above all and is based on thousands of years of Greek and Judeo-Christian thought and philosophy. The bottom line is that we are all responsible for where we are at. You can fool yourself and rely on a government for security, safety and protection but when things go sideways, it cannot provide any of those.

joahna April 21, 2010 at 5:28 am

I am a Filipina, you better visit Philippines so that you can prove that we are really the happiest country in the world considering that are country has a plenty of corrupt politicians.

Ally May 4, 2010 at 4:50 am

yay!!!
Australia and Finland are in there!!!!!!!!!!

Colin Brown May 23, 2010 at 9:22 am

I am a Canadian and I would like to remind you all that, although Queen Elizabeth II is the head of state of Canada, she is Queen of Canada, separately from Great Britain, and the other 14 Commonwealth Realms. We do not answer to Great Britain and are not subordinate to her in any way. It is true that when Great Britain declared war on Germany during WWI, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, were automatically at war. After WWI, in 1931, the Statute of Westminster made clear that Great Britain and all Commonwealth Nations were independent and equal in every way, with a Common Allegiance to the crown. I would also like to point out that Canada ratified the Statute first, making us the first member of the now obsolete British Empire to become fully independent of Britain. Australia, New Zealand, and the other Commonwealth Nations soon followed suit. Canada declared war independently on Germany, 6 days after Britain and France did so at the start of WWII. We, Canadians are a happy, tolerant, fully independent nation. After all, we have the highest per capita immigration rate in the world. And we have also been the single nation to participate in all UN Peacekeeping missions until 1974. We have participated in more Peacekeeping missions than any other nation. We also came up with the idea of Peacekeeping. It was the 14th Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson, who came up with the idea, and won a Nobel Peace Prize for doing so.

V.warlu May 24, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I think my opinion, Sweden is Best and Happest Country in the world, Also this country become to Number one position in Mother Love. Please one time read, Universel Philosopher and Has got Nobel Prize is Mr.Rabindranath Tagore –
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up
into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action—
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

One happest country depend on Peacefull,Nill Crime rate, Highest Income, Life Expectancy, Education Rate,Health Rate, Weather Conditions, Humanity Rating, Broad Mided People,Univeral Thinking,Nill Corruption, People Honesty, and Co-Operation to others etc..
*This is only my personal Opinion. Not for Insulting Other country’s.

john ros smith May 28, 2010 at 6:36 am

for now……philippines is getting rich…all corrupt politics has been removed.(2010)-(2016)..
i think. after 6 yrs philippines will be one of the richest countries!!…im sure!…try to search it…philippines will change…rich country and rich in natural resources
i’ve all already spend my vacation in the philippines in boracay….
all u can say is ‘OH MY GOSH’ its so beautiful you can see beautiful beaches and womans i want to married a filipina they have natural beauties and there so hot …most of them have huge b**bs!:D…!!!..no doubt!

whocares June 12, 2010 at 7:37 am

Wrong
“The Guinness Book of World Records Luxembourg holds the world record as the country that consumes most alcohol in the world per citizen.”

Correct
People from nearby countries buy alcohol in Lux cause it has less tax on it, not because the locals are pissheads.

Kana June 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I’m sad how you forgot Costa Rica… oh well..

carlos June 24, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Denmark the happiest country in the world???? HAHAHA what a laugh… So why do they have one of the highest suicide rates and anti-depressants consumption rate? You have to be very naive to buy into this crap… no, Denmark is NOT the best country in the world, as most Danes are brainwashed to believe… What happens is they are very complacent… they have no ambitions… they live to work, pay taxes and get drunk… that’s basically it… unlike most western cultures, danish culture promotes a cult of conformity… Standing out from the crowd is discouraged in Denmark… and successsful people are resented…. So, the more mediocre you are, the best… Jantelov, anyone? Ask any foreigner living in Denmark what he/she thinks of the country and the people… Most foreigners living in Denmark are NOT happy, that’s for sure

pinay July 2, 2010 at 4:49 am

God bless the Phils. more…, esp. now that we have newly proclaimed P-Noy…Looking forward on his good and well-thought governance to kick-out those corrupt gov’t officials, invite more investors to our country, in that way, there’ll be more jobs to be offered to those intelligent and hardworking pinoys/pinays. Our dear P-Noy, pls. do strengthen the local gov’t officials coz they are the basic core status of its citizenry. They know well the people of each brgys. who are supposed to be prioritized to be given jobs in order to have food on their tables, have decent lives and family economy. God bless you and your governance…

So everybody is HAPPY….!

Andrews July 7, 2010 at 9:49 am

IN my opinion India is the world’s most happiest place ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….Kerala in which I lives is the world’s most happiest place…………………..Its the God’s own country

aditya July 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

hi, im frm india………im very happy by birth……..Hahahaha

Jon July 8, 2010 at 6:14 pm

Damn wonder if anyone actually made it to the bottom lol, just want to say my word to that denmark is the happiest country in the world! :) we are rich, good looking, smart and we have good health care and blabla, up yours :)

Lobitzz... rockstar... July 8, 2010 at 8:08 pm

Hei people. Philippines is the happiest country in world. seriously. Don’t believe me? Go to Philippines. Still don’t believe me? Go to other countries and compare it to your experience in the Philippines. Believe me, I know.

Srijan From Nepal. July 11, 2010 at 7:48 am

I have never been to any other foreign country but I am sure that my own native land(Nepal) is the only the country which is very happy even being poor. Here, the nature have provided us every our needs. Lakes, rivers, different falls, mountains, hills, and other beautiful gifts given by the nature and the helpful behaviour of the peoples makes every people living here happy. So, in my opinion my Nepal is the most happiest country in the world.

gisella255 July 23, 2010 at 3:33 pm

THIS POST IT´S FROM 2008!!! NOW ON 2010 COSTA RICA IS THE HAPPIEST AND GREENER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! google it :3

flores bernard August 9, 2010 at 7:13 pm

how about the Philippines???

This country is the happiest for me because even though they faced trials in their lives they always smiling.. even if they are poor… PHILIPPINES should be the HAPPIEST COUNTRY!

i luv Pilipinos..

sakshi August 12, 2010 at 2:18 pm

hi i am from India. I don’t know how happy the ‘people’ over here are, as happiness is quite subjective and cant be generalized as country’s happiness. I hope to see the world as a happy place one day rather than fighting over one’s own country being more happier.

LAME August 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm

haha, poor philipines… they’r try so hard to proof they are most happy here… They begging so hard in here to promote their people, now it seems happy funny like a clown… wake up philipines… most of your people himulate your neigbours such as singapore, malaysia, australia, indonesia, etc, trough blog, website, FB and youtube… better should call u as a most jelousy country… better u build up your civilization first, rather than spread nonsance about your neigbours and becoming spam in the internet.

Marie January 16, 2011 at 8:12 pm

It should be:
Haha, poor Philippines… They’re trying so hard to prove that they are the most happy here…. They’re begging so hard in here to promote their people, now it seems funny like a clown…. wake up Philippines… most of your people humiliate your neighbors such as Singapor, Malaysia, Australia, Indonesia. etc., through blog, website, FB and Youtube… It’s better if we call you the most jealous country… Better build up your civilization first, rather than spread nonsense about your neighbors and becoming a spam in the internet.
Number of mistakes: 10 spelling mistakes.
By the way.
That’s my country you’re messing with.
Yeah, I know Philippines is a poor country but today is a new year. We’re slowly standing back up. I just really hope the new President would do a good job (Unlike the last one)

razzel August 24, 2010 at 11:19 am

philippines is poor but we are happy and we are not easy to give up like someone even sometimes we don’t have money we are just smiling and forgot the problem sooo i love philippines soo much

Micheal August 26, 2010 at 8:11 pm

This sucks….the Prof Ruut has never been to Africa before? or he he has he just want to blank them out ….NIGERIA rules! Go there no matter what goes on around them they always take time out to be happy, come rain , sun, darkness. Even when no money…

jeff September 5, 2010 at 6:33 am

i am a filipino and was born in philippines.. i have lived here in sweden for 5 yrs… so i know what´s the differences between the two countries…. based on the list, sweden is one of the top…well!!! i wont agree bout that coz swedish are boaring and even their neigboaring countries such as denmark and iceland which are also on the top… they are boaring simply beacause it´s their culture…

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: