Building high self esteem is a sort of an investment for your best asset in life – yourself!
You probably know the fact that someone that is of high value attracts people’s attention. Something that is of high value attracts sales and something that is of great value attracts the market.
And this is true, not only in business but in every area of our daily lives.
The process of building high self esteem is not easy. Most of the time, you will find yourself resisting the things that you need to do but you’ve got to do them anyway and focus on the good things that happens during the process.
Remember – investment should be a temporary pain and a forever gain process.
But why would we engage in building high self esteem?
Because leaders have high self esteem and most people who have the most wealth are leaders.
Effective tips to improve self esteem
- Smile as often as you can.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Don’t put yourself down when things get rough – and don’t do it to others too.
- Contribute to others. Learn to share your thoughts, talents, blessings, and victories in your life. Share your baggages, but do not pull others down. Talk and listen effectively. Compliment others for doing a good job.
- Celebrate every time you accomplish good things – big or small. Delight in the victories of other people.
- Be a master at what you love doing. Develop your strengths and commit to a lifelong learning.
- Be with the right friends. Surround yourself with supportive people who care about your growth as a person.
- Accept compliments because you deserve it. Learn to say “Thank you” and “Welcome” all the time.
- Dream BIG.
- Use affirmations. Distract yourself each time you have that negative self-talk.
- Get this: You are attractive! Maintain an attractive look by taking care of your skin, hair, and teeth. Stay fit and healthy.
- Dress well according to what will make you feel good about yourself.
- Take bold actions. Grasp every opportunity you encounter. You will develop confidence for doing this.
Focus on the positive
While developing self esteem might be quite a ride, focus on victorious moments that happen along the way.
Each time you accomplish the points above, delight and say to your self “I am fantastic!”
Every time you fail to do these things, don’t beat yourself. Move forward, until these become a habit.
About the author: Paul Dumanig is an entrepreneur, a social media strategist, and an aspiring rock star. He is the owner of the wealth and personal development site called The Mighty Leverage.
Enter your email to subscribe to our future posts: