A huge marketing campaign started across Europe today with the goal to save fuel, money and the environment.
Over 40 oil companies, 45 000 gas stations and 29 countries are taking part.
Here are 10 things the marketing campaign is recommending people to do.
- Service your car and check the oil level regularly
- Check tire pressure once a month
- Take everything that you don’t need out of the trunk and from your back seat.
- Close your car windows when you are driving fast
- Only use the air conditioner when it’s absolutely necessary
- Start driving soon after starting the engine and stop the motor if the car is not driving for more than 1 minute.
- Drive with a reasonable speed and smoothly
- When accelerating shift to a faster car as soon as possible (Most cars in Europe use the “stick”)
- Try to sense what is going to happen in the traffic before it happens
- Share your car with others.
If you ask me, these recommendations are quite simple and can even seem somewhat stupid to a person who knows a little about saving gas.
I have a feeling that Europe needs this campaign badly – the average gas price is about 8 to 9 dollars per gallon.
If you are fed up with tips about how to save fuel you should check out this post
Enter your email to subscribe to our future posts: